- Project date: Aug, 2005
- Development duration: three months
- Project Investigator: Myoungsoo Jung (MJ)
- Developers: Myoungsoo Jung, Hyungwook Kim, Sangyun Lee
If you are not able to watch the above introductory video for this project, you can also check it in following link Video Demo.
The class-mate is is a programming game, where the goal is to develop a humanoid to battle against other humanoids. Our class-mate provides an effective method to write a software code based upon object oriented paradigm. Developers (and even for students who are not familiar with object oriented paradigm) can improve their programming skills by composing a C++ humanoid robot as a part of game plays. Specifically, our class-mate allows them to learn the features behind object oriented paradigm such as the polymorphism, inheritance design, and so on, in a natural way. The purpose of our class-mate project is similar to java Robocode project (http://robocode.sourceforge.net/). However, unlike java, C++ have no virtual machine or runtime library, which allows to dynamically link diverse user's programmed objects on demand. To this end, we implemented a COM-based dynamic linkable object method and framework, which can make students or developers to visualize their humanoid robots and play a game to battle upon its virtual environment, which mimics a java virtual machine. In this project, I was the project leader and developed the lexical analyzer and parser for C++.
- Educational purpose programming simulation framework
- Visualizing algorithm as a part of game
- In addition to learning OOP, it allows to learn the concepts of COM, DLL, multiple inheritance, and interface of C++
- Class-mate provides a set of API to program runtime robot as well as an IDE environment for programming and compiling humanoids.